What are Disappear Messages in WhatsApp
Don’t know What are Disappear Messages in WhatsApp & also want to use it on your Smartphone, Laptop, or Desktop, then this guide is for you, Here we will tell you What are Disappear Messages in WhatsApp
As mentioned, once the Disappearing Messages feature is enabled, new messages sent in the individual or group chat will disappear after seven days. ‘Disappearing Messages‘.
Once this feature is enabled, all new messages will expire after 7 days. That is, users cannot set the time for the message to disappear according to their own.
Sources say that the message will disappear if you do not open the chat for 7 days. But, if you have not cleared the notification panel, then you will be able to check the message there.
“This setting won’t affect messages you previously sent or received in the chat,” WhatsApp said on its support page.
You May Also Like: How To Screenshot on HP Laptop
The report said, ‘When you reply to a message, the first message is the quote. If you reply to a dispensing message, the quoted text will be available even after 7 days.
If a dispatching message is forwarded when this new feature is off, then the message will not disappear in the forward chat.
It is being said that if you back up the chats before the message disappears, you will be able to see them on Google Drive. However, if you backup If you want to restore those disparate messages, then it will not be possible, because they will be deleted.
The special thing is that WhatsApp users will be able to take screenshots along with forwarding the dispensing message. Users will be able to save the disappointing pictures and videos in the gallery.
You May Also Like: How to disable WhatsApp Temporary & Permanently?
For this, there will be a Save to Camera Roll option, which will have to be manually enabled.
What are Disappear Messages in WhatsApp & How to Enable and Disable
After reading about Disappear Messages, now you must have come to know about this feature very well. To use this feature in your mobile, you have to first apply or follow some steps on your mobile’s WhatsApp, which you can find below.
To enable Whatsapp’s disappearing messages, it has given an option on both Android and iPhone to enable or disable Disappearing Messages.
- Firstly Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Now you have to open the users profile on which you want to use this feature, Select any user’s chat to continue.
- At the top right corner of your screen, there will be three dots, just click on them.
- After Updating the WhatsApp you will see Disappearing Messages option, Now Select Disappearing Messages if you get it by scroling down.
- You can now On or OFF this option according to your need.
How to Enable or Disable Disappearing Messages in WhatsApp Groups
Along with applying this feature to a user, you can also apply it to any group, and with the help of this feature, you can keep your mobile clean. After turning this option into a group, it will work exactly as it works on individual users. To use it on a group, you have to apply some steps, which you can find below:
To enable or disable disappearing messages on a group chat you have to be an admin. If you are:
- On your smartphone open WhatsApp.
- Now open the group where you want to apply this feature by tapping on it.
- Here on the top right corner of your screen, click on the menu(Three horizontal dots)
- Search for Disappearing Messages, if you find it, then click on it.
- Switch On or Off according to your need.
How to Enable Disappearing Messages on Web and Desktop
If you are using WhatsApp with the help of the WhatsApp Web, then you can also use this feature. For which you have to first implement some steps on your mobile which are given below. To enable or disable disappearing messages on WhatsApp Web or Desktop apps:
- Open any browser on your laptop or desktop and open the WhatsApp Web/App.
- Open the individual chat or any group, where you want to apply this feature.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots situated at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Disappearing Messages.
- Tap Continue.
You can save a lot of your time by using this feature because after turning on this feature, you will not need to delete old messages manually and this feature will be getting rid of unnecessary junk available on your mobile along with saving time. But turning ON with this feature, your important messages can also get deleted over time, so you should keep this in mind and use this feature wisely.
WhatsApp’s ‘Disappearing Messages’ feature’s effect on media files.
If disappearing messages are turned on, media sent to the chat will disappear but will be saved on the phone if auto-download is switched on. The message will not disappear in the forwarded chat if it is forwarded to another chat with the disappearing messages setting turned off.
For more such articles and tips and tricks do subscribe to our E-mail news later.