How to Lock Your Facebook Profile: Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
Seeing spammy comments on your Facebook post, want to get rid of it, then here in this guide, we will guide you about How to Lock your Facebook Profile on your smartphone or on a laptop and computer.
Facebook is the world’s biggest social networking site which makes it easy for businesses & you to connect and share with coworkers, family, and friends online. Facebook was originally designed for college students, It was created in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg while he was enrolled at Harvard University.
By 2006, anyone over the age of 13 with a valid email address could join Facebook. Today, Facebook is the world’s largest social network, with more than 1 billion users worldwide.
Facebook is the biggest social media platform, but the more popular the social media sites or applications are, the greater the risk of data leaks on them, but as a user, we also have a responsibility to keep our account secure according to Facebook, it Pays great attention to the privacy of its user.
But also, it completely depends on Facebook to prevent data leaks of their platform. If Facebook stores your data i.e. photos, videos, contact details, mobile number, an account password, etc. on its servers after securing it properly, then the chances of your data leaking will decrease.
I think while using Facebook, you must have found many such users who would like to make dirty and vulgar comments on your posts, which you would have to remove, again and again from your posts.
The biggest reason for this problem is the visibility of your profile, that is, any Facebook user can come to your profile and see your posts and can also comment on them.
So, How to get rid of such people, Facebook had launched a feature long ago, by which you can lock your profile. To know what will happen after locking your profile, you can learn in detail about How to Lock Your Facebook Profile below.
You May Also Like: How to Fix Broken Registry Items
What is Facebook profile locking?
If you lock your Facebook account, after locking your Facebook account nobody can see your Facebook profile’s content like -: Photos, Videos. Only your friends can see your profile and your profile’s content. If you lock your Facebook profile it will give you more privacy only if you use this feature. When someone locks their profile, only their friends will see the following:
- Photos and posts on their timeline.
- Their full-size profile picture or cover photo.
- Their Stories.
- New posts and photos.
- In addition:
- Any posts they’ve shared in the past to the Public will change to Friends.
- Timeline review and tag review will be turned on.
- Only a portion of their About info will be visible to everyone on their profile
If a Facebook user opens your profile after searching for your profile, then he will only be able to see your profile photo and your name, apart from this he cannot see anything else about your profile, if any user that is not in your friend list, then that user will see your profile like this.
If you don’t want to lock your Facebook profile, then you can control your privacy in other ways through your privacy settings, which are given below:
- Use Privacy Checkup.
- Choose who you share posts, photos, and other information with.
- Edit basic info and choose who can see it.
- Change your story privacy settings.
- Turn on Timeline Review.
- Turn on tag review.
- Turn on Profile Picture Guard.
- Control Who Can Friend And Follow You.
- Control who can look you up using your email or mobile phone number
How to Lock Your Facebook Profile on Smartphone
- On your smartphone, firstly open Facebook App and sign in with the account, that you want to lock.
- You will be, land on the Homepage, Here click on the three parallel lines situated at the top right corner of your smartphone’s screen.
- Under the Menu option you will see your profile name & picture, just click any of these, and open your profile page.
- Here click on three dots to open profile settings.
- Now, click on the Lock Profile button.
- You will see some details about locking your Facebook Profile here, click on Lock Your Profile button.
In the end, you will see a pop-up message from Facebook, on your smartphone, In this message, you will see a message that says “You Locked Your Profile“, Now click on the OK button.
You May Also Like: How to change your Minecraft Username (Gamertag)
How to Lock Your Facebook Profile on Computer
- Open any web browser on your computer, and open the official website of Facebook by searching on Google or manually typing facebook.com on the search tab.
- If you are not logged in then sign in using the correct credentials on the sign-in page
- After signing in on Facebook, simply click on your profile picture situated at the top bar.
- Now, here click on the three dots, to open the menu.
- Here, click on the Lock Profile button, to Lock your Facebook profile.
- In this pop-up window, click on the Lock Your Profile button .
- As on mobile, on the computer, you will also see a message that will indicate that “You Locked Your Profile”
Although Facebook says that it keeps the data of its users safe, which every company says, but we should also think about our privacy. With the profile locking feature of Facebook, you can control your privacy better and it also makes it very easy to do, in end I will say that if you consider your privacy above all, then you can use this feature which will be very beneficial for.