How to change your Minecraft Username (Gamertag)
Minecraft has become a big name in the gaming industry today. It is a sandbox video game developed by Mojang Studios, a Swedish video game developer company. This game is made with the help of the Java programming language.
More than 135 million people play this game all over the world. From this data, you can guess how famous this game is. However, if you also play this game and want to change your old username, then today, we Will tell you some methods by using which you can change your Minecraft username.
I think You are excited to know about How to change your Minecraft Username using this Beginner Master Guide.
Changing your Minecraft username is not a big deal. The reason for changing your Minecraft username may be that your old username is complicated, due to which your friends are not able to find you on Minecraft or The username You had kept that you liked earlier. Still, in adulthood, you don’t really like it now than The solution to all these problems is to change your Minecraft username.
You May Also Like: How to Change eBay Username
To change the Minecraft username below, we have given two ways to change your old Minecraft Username with the new Username.
Things You have to Before Changing Minecraft Username
Before changing the Minecraft username, keep in mind that if your Minecraft account is not 30 days old, you cannot change your Minecraft username. Once you have created your Minecraft username, you will have to wait for 30 days to get another chance to change your Minecraft username.
You can only avail the username that no one else has taken. If you want to change your Minecraft username without waiting for the 30 days tier, you can’t because it is impossible. Minecraft does not allow to change the username multiple time in 30-days.
So, now How to change your Minecraft Username. To change the Minecraft username using the official method, you have to pay attention to some points. With the help of these points, you can create a good username for yourself so that you do not have to wait for 30 days again to change it.
- Your Username should be unique, if it is not available then try some different variants of it.
- The Username you will create should be 3-16 characters long.
- Don’t put spaces between any character.
- You can only use Alphabets(Upper case & Lower case) and Numbers in your Username
- You can only use _ (Underscore) from all special characters in your Username.
How to change your Minecraft Username
Earlier you could change your Minecraft username by visiting the official website of Mojang, but now to change your Minecraft username Mojang is not useful. Now you have to use your Microsoft account to edit your profile username or anything if you have created your Minecraft account with the help of your Microsoft Account.
You May Also Like: How to Factory Reset MI TV
If you have a Microsoft account associated with your Minecraft account, then below you can get a step-by-step instructions guide by following which you can change your Minecraft Username:-
- Firstly open a Web browser on your computer and then type Minecraft.net on the search bar and hit the search button.
- Click on the login button located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Here click on the “Sign in with Microsoft Account” or you can log in using your email and password.
- If you have used the correct credentials to login into your Minecraft account, then you will be redirected to the profile page of your Minecraft Account.
- On the profile page, scroll down and you will see your “Profile Information”, Here under Profile Information, you will see your current Minecraft Username.
- You will see the “Change” button in front of your Minecraft Username, Just click on it and type a new username for your Minecraft account and then click on the change profile name button.
How to change your Minecraft Username (Gamertag)
Xbox gives each user a unique Gamertag. This is only a type of username that the user can change by going to his account.
If you have created your Minecraft account with Microsoft’s help, it will automatically appear in the dashboard of your Minecraft account. It will be different from your Minecraft username. You can follow the below guide to change your Gamertag:-
- Open any Browser on your computer and open this website Minecraft.net by simply clicking here or by manually typing the web address on the search bar.
- Now you will see a welcome page of Minecraft.net, But you have to click on the “Log in” button located on the top right corner of your device’s screen.
- Minecraft’s login page will open up, just click on “Sign in with Microsoft Account”.
- Microsoft Sign-in page will open up, Now fill up your email id that is associated with Minecraft and your Microsoft account, On the next step fill up your Microsoft account password then click on the “Sign-in” button to move further.
- Once you signed in with the correct credentials, the Profile page will open, Here you will have many options but you have to click on “Change Account Settings on Microsoft.com”, By clicking on this button you will be redirected to your Microsoft Account dashboard.
- Click on your Microsoft profile name or you can click on “Your Info” located on the top header menu.
- The profile page will open up, now scroll down to the bottom until you find “Your profiles”, On this section, you will see all the services linked to your Microsoft account, Now just click on Xbox Profile.
- Here you will see your Xbox profile homepage, Now click on the “Customize” button, A dialog box will open.
- Here you will see your existing Username, to change the username just click on the Pencil button.
- A new page will open, here you can create a new username, just fill up the username and click on the “Check Availability” button. If the username will available you can keep it.
You May Also Like: How to Change Steam Username
Changing your Minecraft username is an effortless task. Earlier you could change your username by visiting the official website of Mojang, but now you can do it all using your Microsoft account.
Even if you have created your Minecraft account using Mojang’s website, you can still change your account information by logging in manually.
We have taught you how to change your Minecraft username, and also you have learned how to change your Gamertag. If you face any problem applying these methods, you can contact us through the comment box.