How to Change Steam Username in 2022 [Updated]
Steam is an online gaming platform where players can access many games. Steam is a fantastic gaming platform initially launched as a digital game downloading website for all video game lovers.
It has since grown to include software distribution, social networking services, and other features. Steam has shown outstanding growth, which is not slowing down and increasing further.
Players can also create an account on Steam, assigning them a Profile name or username.
Some people have found that they want to change their username or profile name because it has become too familiar or give themselves a more personal identity.
You will not be able to change your username if Your Steam account is locked. Below you can read a step-by-step guide on How to change Steam Username in 2022.
You May Also Like: How to change your eBay username
But First, you have to understand some basic things before going further. If you want to change your Steam ID, which some people call account name, it will look like this ” STEAM_0:1:1234567.”
So let me tell you that you cannot change your steam id because steam does not allow users to do this. So all you will be able to know is how to change Steam username, which you can learn by following the guide given below.
How to Change Steam Username
If you want to change your Steam username or profile name, you can do so because Steam allows you to change your Steam profile name, the same name with which any other Steam user can find you.
- Firstly, open the official steam website on your computer, or you can download and install the steam client on your computer.
2. After opening the official website or client on your computer, log in with the correct username and password and click on the Login button to move to the further steps.
3. Now click on your Profile Name>> Click on “View My Profile.”
4. Now click on “Edit Profile” You can find this under “Level.” Hereunder general settings, you can see your “Profile Name” click on it and replace it with your new username that you want to give, and scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Save” button.
Or you can click on your profile name shown in the top right corner of your screen. A submenu will open. Select “View my Profile.”
Now the profile page will open up on your screen. Just click on “Edit Profile,” which will be located under the “Level” Bar. Choose the “General Tab.”
Here you can change your steam profile name. Once you select the correct profile name for you, scroll down and click on the “Save” button So that Steam can change your old profile name with the new profile name.
So, now you have changed your old profile name to the new one. If you have followed the guide correctly, it will change your profile name.
Now your friends or other steam users can see your changed username and easily find you and connect with you on steam.
How to Change Steam ID if you don’t want to change the username
Steam ID is a 17-digit unique ID given to every User who joins Steam. Steam only provides this ID, so you cannot change it according to your own.
Whenever a user creates his account on Steam, he is given an exemption that he can change his profile name. Every user can choose any profile name of their mind. There can be two or more users with the same profile name on Steam.
You May Also Like: How To Unblur an Image in 2022
You know why this is possible, let me tell you. In Steam, each user is given his 17-digit unique Steam ID so that Steam can understand and remember each user,
and every user can edit their profile as per their wish. They can change their profile name, country, nickname, etc. So because it is a unique id given only by Steam, you cannot change it. This id cannot be altered, even if you talk to Steam Customer Care.
Other ways to Change Steam ID
But if you want to change your steam id in any case, you can delete your old steam account and create a new account, but it will not be easy because if you delete your steam account once, then Steam will delete your account from its database.
Also, you will not be able to recover it in any case. Along with the games present in it, the game keys you would have redeemed will all be deleted, which is not good. But if you don’t have anything like these kinds of stuff in your Steam account, you can try this method to get a new steam id.
- Open the Steam client application on your computer. It will show you a dialog box where you have to fill in sign-in info. Sign in on the client application using the correct details.
2. On the top right corner of your Steam client application, you will see your profile name; then, click on your profile name.
3. After clicking on the Profile name, select “Account Details” from the drop-down menu shown on your computer’s screen.
4. Select Account Details and scroll down to the bottom.
5. Here, you will see “Delete my Steam account, “Click on it and delete your old account.
Once you delete your account, you cannot recover or access it. After deleting the old steam account, you have to create a new account To get a unique Steam ID and a new steam account. Below you can read How to create a new Steam account.
- Open the Steam client application or open your web browser and open this website or type store.steampowered.com on the browser’s search tab.
2. On the new page, fill up your email address. On both fields, Fill in the email address that you can access.
3. Now choose your Country of Residence from the given countries.
4. Fill up the “I am not a robot” captcha box.
5. Now check the box that says,” I am 13 years of age or older and agree to the terms.”
6. Scroll down and click Continue.
First of all, we told you how you could change your steam username by following a short and working step-by-step, But if you want to change your steam id, then it is impossible.
You can only change your username, but if you want to change your steam id, you can create a new account after deleting your old steam account, but here comes an issue that is very important to know.
We have told you all of the information you will have to know to change your steam username in this blog post. If you face any problem applying any of these methods said in this post, you can contact us using our contact us page or write your question in the comment box.