At the least one individual was killed and 5 others had been injured throughout a taking pictures at Saugus Excessive Faculty in Santa Clarita, California, on Thursday, in keeping with information retailers.
The suspect is an Asian, male pupil in darkish clothes, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva stated. The sheriff tweeted that the suspect is in custody, however conflicting reviews recommend he’s useless.
This story remains to be growing. Right here’s what we all know, and don’t, to this point.
What we all know
- Simply earlier than eight am native time, the Santa Clarita Valley sheriff’s workplace tweeted that deputies had been responding to reviews of pictures fired at Saugus Excessive Faculty within the metropolis of Santa Clarita, about 30 miles north of Los Angeles.
- At the least one individual was killed and 5 others had been injured, in keeping with NBC Los Angeles and CNN. The victims are college students, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex instructed NBC Los Angeles.
- Police consider there was just one shooter, the sheriff’s workplace tweeted. He’s believed to be an Asian, male pupil in darkish clothes, Villanueva stated.
- The suspect is in custody, Villanueva tweeted. However there are conflicting reviews suggesting the scholar is useless.
- All colleges within the William S. Hart faculty district had been locked down in response. The lockdowns had been lifted a pair hours later.
- Previous to Thursday, there have been 84 shootings on faculty grounds in 2019, in keeping with Everytown, a gun management advocacy group.
What we don’t know
- The identification of the shooter
- The shooter’s motive
- The ultimate casualty rely
- The identities of the victims