Hello, In this tutorials I’ll be showing you how to opt-out interest based advertising and how you can stop ads from following you from various website in just few simple steps.
- Google – Go to com/ads/preferences and ensure that the “Ads based on your interests” setting is turned off and it will successfully opt-out interest based advertising.
- Microsoft – Go to microsoft.com and turn off the “Personalized ads in this browser” setting to only allow generic ads. Windows users can click the “Start” button, click Settings – Privacy and then turn off “Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps” to disable personalized ads that appear inside apps.
- Amazon – Like Google, Amazon too delivers interest-based ads on its own websites as well as external websites. Go to com/gp/dra/info and enable the setting that says “Do Not Personalize Ads from Amazon for this Internet Browser.” This is a cookies based setting, not linked to your Amazon account, and thus if you clear the cookies, your setting will be erased too and you can finally opt-out interest based advertising.
- Yahoo – Yahoo offers an Ad Interest Manager (AIM) allowing you to opt-out of interest-based ads with one click. Go to yahoo.com/aim and click the blue ‘Opt Out’ button to register your preference.
- iOS – On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising and turn on Limit Ad Track to opt-out of interest based ads from iAd, Apple’s advertising network.
- Android – Open the Google Settings app on your Android phone, tap Ads and enable opt-out interest based advertising.
- Twitter – Go to Twitter Settings on the web and uncheck “Tailor ads based on information shared by ad partners” to disable interest based ads. Similarly, on the Twitter app, go to Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting.
- Facebook – Go to Facebook Settings, click Edit against the setting ‘Ads based on my use of websites and apps’ and select ‘Off’ for Show online interest-based ads.
How to opt-out interest based advertising
What we have here are links to opt-out interest based advertising from the most popular advertising networks on the Internet. If you would like to completely opt-out interest based advertising from all companies on any website or device, you should use web-based tools like aboutads.info and networkadvertising.org.
These offer a single window to help you opt-out interest based advertising from all member networks.