How to change your Minecraft Username in 2022
Minecraft has become a big name in the gaming industry. It is a sandbox video game developed by Mojang Studios, a Swedish video game developer company using Java programming language and it is available for all the major gaming platforms.
More than 135 million people play this game all over the world. From this data, you can guess how famous this game is. However, if you also play this game and want to change your old username, then today, We have brought you some methods to change your Minecraft username.
You will be excited to know about how to change your Minecraft Username using this Beginner Master Guide, but if you are in a hurry, click here to get to the step-by-step guide.
Changing your Minecraft username is not a big deal. The reason for changing your Minecraft username may be that your old username is complicated, due to which your friends are not able to find you on Minecraft. Or maybe the username You had chosen before is not favorable for you now, the solution to all these problems is to change your old Minecraft username with the new username.
To change the Minecraft username, below, we have given two ways using which you can change your old Minecraft Username with the new one.
Things You have to know Before Changing the Minecraft Username.
Before changing the Minecraft username, keep in mind that if your Minecraft account is not 30 days old, you cannot change your Minecraft username. Once you have created your Minecraft username, you will have to wait for 30 days to get another chance to change your Minecraft username.
You can only avail the username that no one else has taken. If you want to change your Minecraft username without waiting for the 30 days tier, you can’t because it is impossible. Minecraft does not allow to change the username multiple time in 30-days.
You May Also Like: How To Unblur an Image
So, now How to change your Minecraft Username. To change the Minecraft username using the official method, you must pay attention to some points. With the help of these points, you can create a good username for yourself so that you do not have to wait for 30 days again to change it.
- Your Username should be unique. If it is not available, then try some different variants of it.
- The Username you will create should be 3-16 characters long.
- Don’t put spaces between any character.
- You can only use Alphabets(Upper case & Lower case) and Numbers in your Username.
- You can only use _ (Underscore) from all special characters in your Username.
How to change your Minecraft Username
Earlier you could change your Minecraft username by visiting the official website of Mojang, but now it is not possible. Now you have to use your Microsoft account to edit your profile username or anything if you have created your Minecraft account with the help of your Microsoft Account.
You May Also Like: Top 7 Very Useful Websites for Tech Enthusiasts
If you have a Microsoft account associated with your Minecraft account, then below you can get a step-by-step instructions guide by following which you can change your Minecraft Username:-
- Firstly open a Web browser on your computer and then type Minecraft.net on the search bar and hit the search button.
- Click on the login button located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Here click on the “Sign in with Microsoft Account,” or you can log in using your email and password.
- If you have used the correct credentials to log into your Minecraft account, you will be redirected to your Minecraft Account profile page.
- On the profile page, scroll down, and you will see your “Profile Information,” Here, under Profile Information, you will see your current Minecraft Username.
- You will see the “Change” button in front of your Minecraft Username, click on it, type a new username for your Minecraft account, and click on the change profile name button.
How to change your Minecraft Username (Gamertag)
Xbox gives each user a unique Gamertag that you can change by going to the settings of your account. If you have created your Minecraft account with Microsoft’s help, it will automatically appear in the dashboard of your Minecraft account. It will be different from your Minecraft username. You can follow the below guide to change your Gamertag:-
- Open any Browser on your computer and open this website Minecraft.net by simply clicking here or manually typing the web address on the search bar.
- Now you will see a welcome page of Minecraft.net, But you have to click on the “Log in” button located on the top right corner of your device’s screen.
- Minecraft’s login page will open up. Just click on “Sign in with Microsoft Account.”
- Microsoft Sign-in page will open up. Now fill up your email id associated with Minecraft and your Microsoft account. Next, fill up your Microsoft account password, then click on the “Sign-in” button to move further.
- Once you sign in with the correct credentials, the Profile page will open. Here, you will have many options, but you have to click on “Change Account Settings on Microsoft.com,” By clicking on this button, you will be redirected to your Microsoft Account dashboard.
- Click on your Microsoft profile name, or you can click on “Your Info,” located on the top header menu.
- The profile page will open up. Now scroll down to the bottom until you find “Your profiles,” In this section, you will see all the services linked to your Microsoft account. Now, click on Xbox Profile.
- Here you will see your Xbox profile homepage. Now, click on the “Customize” button, and A dialog box will open.
- Here you will see your existing Username. To change the username, click on the Pencil button.
- A new page will open. Here, you can create a new username, fill up the username and click on the “Check Availability” button. If the username will available, you can keep it.
You May Also Like: How To Use WhatsApp On Computer Without WhatsApp Web
Changing your Minecraft username is an effortless task. Earlier you could change your username by visiting the official website of Mojang, but now you can do it all using your Microsoft account.
Even if you have created your Minecraft account using Mojang’s website, you can still change your account information by logging in manually.
We have taught you how to change your Minecraft username, and also you have learned how to change your Gamertag. If you face any problems applying these methods, you can contact us through the comment box.
How do you change your name on Minecraft without waiting 30 days?
The answer is no, you cannot change your Minecraft username under any circumstances. You will have to wait 30 days to get another chance to change it but you can contact the customer support of Minecraft and get more information from them about this topic.
How do you change your Minecraft username for free?
Changing your Minecraft username is free, for this you do not need to pay any charges, you just need a guide by following which you can change your Minecraft username, which we have told you here in this post.