How to change your eBay username
With the help of eBay, you can buy things online sitting at home. eBay is a USA-based company. On eBay, you can purchase the items like electronics, clothes, Beauty products, etc., being sold by other users. It is a successful e-commerce website with over 190 million active users worldwide.
If you also use this platform to buy and sell things, you would also face a problem. Whenever a new user creates his account on eBay, that user will get a default Username by eBay, such as “ansahi-51”.
If you have created your eBay account, you would also have been given some similar username from eBay, Which I think you would also not like. If you want to create a username of your choice by removing this default username, then today, your search ends here because today, you will know here how to change your eBay username using this step-by-step guide.
The reason for changing your eBay username can be anything. You might want to change the name of your old account or business. If so, then the reason for changing your eBay username is correct because the name is the only thing with the help of which users will recognize you & your Business and trust you.
You May Also Like: How to change your Minecraft Username
If you have decided to change your eBay username, you can get the step-by-step guide on How to change your eBay Username on your PC by using eBay’s website. But before going further, you must first acknowledge that You cannot use spaces, or these symbols: @, &, ‘, (, ), <, or > on your eBay username. You can only use letters, numbers, and some symbols on it.
How to Change eBay Username on PC
- Open any web browser on your laptop or computer. On the search tab, search eBay or type this web address www.ebay.com.
- Click on the My eBay. Now, it will ask you to sign in with your email or username and & password, or you can also log in using your Google account or Facebook account.
- After signing in, you will see your Account name as “Hi, Your Username!” on the top left corner. Move your mouse over your current Account name. A submenu will open up. Below your account name, you will also see your Username. Here click on “Account settings. “
- My eBay Dashboard will open up, here you will see some options like Personal Info, Payment Information, Account preferences, etc. But under Personal Info, you have to click on Personal information to change your eBay Username.
- For verification, it will ask you to re-login on eBay using your email & password or using your google account. To move to the further steps, just re-login using the correct credentials.
- You can now access the Personal info page and its settings. Here, you will see your current Username, account type, contact info, etc. In front of your existing username, you will see an edit button. Click on that edit button.
- Here replace your current username with the new one you want to use in this account. After returning it, click on the Save button to save your setting.
But keep in mind once you change your eBay username, you will not be able to change it before 30 days. You will have to wait for 30 days to change it again.
You May Also Like: How To Unblur an Image
How to Change eBay Username on Mobile
If you want to change your eBay username with the help of your mobile or want to do any modification, then let me tell you that you can’t do this. You do not get to see any such option on eBay’s mobile application to change your eBay username. Still, you can change the eBay username by using any web browser on your mobile, for which first you have to open that web browser on your mobile and turn On one setting.
Firstly, on that setting, open a web browser on your smartphone (In this tutorial, I am using Google’s Chrome web browser). Here in the top right corner, click on the three verticle dots.
The sidebar will open up. Scroll down on the sidebar until you find Desktop Mode. Once you find it, tick the checkbox in front of the Desktop Mode option. After clicking on the checkbox, you can now use the desktop options of any website on your smartphone.
What should my username be on eBay?
Your eBay username should be under six characters and does not include any spaces & these symbols: @, &, ‘, (, ), <, or > on your eBay username. You can only use letters, numbers, and some symbols on it. The username you will choose should not be too weird & should be easy to remember and describe who you are.
Why can’t I change my username on eBay?
Any username you will choose for your eBay account must be unique. You will be able to receive that username for your eBay account, or if you changed your eBay username within the last 30 days, you will not be able to change the username of your eBay account. You will have to wait 30 days to get another chance to change your eBay username.