Ever since I added the Reliance Jio 4G SIM on my Android telephone, I’ve been bombarded with fullscreen overlay advertisements. The advertisements seem intermittently however they’ll nearly all the time present up after you disconnect a telephone name or if you end up charging the gadget.
I exploit a restricted variety of Android apps from identified builders and was pretty sure that adware was associated to the Jio telephone service. After twiddling with each doable setting inside Android to disable the advertisements, I turned to Twitter for assist.
You may learn your complete Twitter thread or right here’s a rapidly abstract:
- Uninstall MyJio, Jio 4G Voice and all different Jio apps.
- Revoke all permissions of Jio apps. Lengthy press the app icon, press the information button, go to App Permission and uncheck all the things. Additionally flip off the “draw over the apps” permission for Jio apps.
- For Android Oreo or later, go to Settings > Apps > MyJio and switch off the “App can seem on high” setting. You most likely want to do that for each Jio app on the gadget.
- Root the telephone and set up AdAway, an advert block that makes use of the hosts file to dam particular hostnames and IP addresses.
- Use Greenify to hibernate all of the Jio apps and forestall the app from working within the background.
- Disable ‘Phone’ entry for all Jio apps. Even Jio Mags has default entry to ‘Phone’!
- Toggle background information to disable information entry for all Jio associated apps.
Sadly, none of those options labored.
In the meantime, the Jio group contacted me after seeing the tweet and requested for the IMEI number of the telephone. Every week later, I bought a name from the Jio assist group saying that the issue needs to be resolved.
Sure, I used to be now not getting any pop-up advertisements on my telephone regardless of having all of the Jio apps as earlier than. What modified? It turned out, the Jio assist consultant informed me, that these advertisements can solely be disabled by Jio for the requested telephone quantity on the server facet.
In brief, if you’re additionally feeling irritated with Jio associated advertisements in your telephone, ship a tweet to @JioCare and they need to be capable of assist. This additionally jogs my memory of Amazon – simply ping their assist group they usually’ll fortunately remove ads from your Kindle.